Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another former Heavener resident signs in

John Inman invited me to join this and I finally got around to signing up. Having never been a blogger, I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do but I bet someone will tell me. As I look at the list of people on this blog, I know lots of them and they know me. Don't be bashful, teach this novice what to do.

I won't commit to how often I'll write anything or even how often I'll sign on, but at least I've made the initial move.

For those who have lost track of me, I live in Marietta, GA, a northern suburb of Atlanta, and retired from a 34 year career at IBM several years ago. In my retirement I have become an author, an editor/publisher, and a strong advocate for today's Army and veterans. I am heavily involved in the Iraq war (since it started) and am a regular volunteer at the Atlanta airport USO where I greet troops coming in on R&R from Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait.

Enough for now - hopefully John Inman or someone will tell me how to find this blog spot again so I can sign on and check it out.

5 Comments:

At November 19, 2008 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Glen Lazalier said...

Welcome, Bob. Blogging is easy -- just let fly whatever is on you mind.

 
At November 19, 2008 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Bob Babcock said...

Glen, you know my mind is normally empty or so overwhelmed with too much 'stuff' to be able to make much sense of anything. But, I'll give it a shot. Stand by, give me a few days to think of things to write about.

 
At November 19, 2008 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Chuck said...

Welcome, Bob. You're much more qualified to write something here than some of us. You probably won't misspell any words, either. Like Glen said, just write about anything. The pays the same regardless of the subject or the length.

 
At November 20, 2008 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're glad to have you aboard. I'm sure you will do fine. I know you're busy, but thanks for giving it a shot. Maybe I can get in touch with Joe and talk him into it, too, and we'll have the first trimvirate (3) or whatever the word is blogging. That would really be something. (I don't know the proper word, but I'm sure you know what I'm trying to say). Bill, Joe and now, Bob.

 
At November 23, 2008 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Bill Hinds said...

Hey Bob Welcome, Thanks for being so involved and supportive of our veterns.

I was on active duty for 8yrs 8mos & 17 days. I was never in combat but I was in support units. I was in the Signal Corps. While I was in the Phillipines we passed traffic from Vietnam to the U.S. through the satelites. I also taught school at Ft. Monmouth, N.J.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home