Monday, April 28, 2008

Bumpy Ride

Since Craig brought up his flying experiences a few days ago, I thought you might find this interesting.

I've flown Southwest Airlines several times and have always enjoyed the experience. I understand they've changed their boarding policies since I rode with them last, so I can't say that phase of their service needs improvement.

This video IS NOT a Southwest Airlines plane, but it's similar in appearance. Since it sounds like it's from a foreign country (from the background audio you hear at the end), I can't confirm the type aircraft as a Boeing 737 (like Southwest...and other airlines, fly).

The point of all this, is that sometimes you can get a thrill from riding commercial aircraft.



You wouldn't want to be walking down the aisle when this baby landed.

1 Comments:

At April 29, 2008 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Glen Lazalier said...

I have seen planes "pogo" when they are landed too fast and on the nose wheel but this is the first one I have ever seen that got down on the mains, pitched up till the tail stalled, and then bounced like that. Makes one glad to know there is a lot of safety margin in the landing gear design.

Glad to see you, Craig, and John back blogging again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home