Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thanks, Derek (as in Jeter)!

In the blogging business, this is what is referred to as a “quickie”. A blog quickie, not any other kind, mind you.

I have a lot to write about, but little time as a trip across the border to Fort Smith is on the menu for this fine Saturday afternoon. My reason for the trip will be revealed later.

Anyway, I just wanted to inform everybody that my future millionaire status will be delayed at least three days. As you no doubt read about in yesterday’s fine blog, I discussed my entry into a contest where a guesser picks a player each day to get a hit.

If the guesser can do that for 57 straight days, they win a million smackers. I was on a three-day streak going into yesterday. Foolishly, I picked a Yankee (just kidding John Inman), Derek Jeter who basically went ohfer.

Now, I am back at zero. Remember, there is no crying in baseball or in the MLB Beat the Streak Contest! I must get up, rub some dirt on the pain and go again. Garrett Atkins of the Rockies (who is batting .387 lifetime against Brad Penny of the Dodgers and hitting .333 on the season) is the MAN.

Don’t let me down Garrett and join Derek (Ohfere) Jeter on my banned list. Some clutch hitter you are, Derek! Yeah, I know all about the World Series success, but when I leaned on you, aargh!

I shall keep everybody updated. Go Garrett!

Every day, we have new topics at the Heavener Forum. Please get involved and either start some topics at the forum or suggest some to me via email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home