Friday, September 26, 2008

Greatings From Temperance, Michigan


Hello From Michigan! - And Fall is in the air here. I love this time of year, cool mornings & evenings altho it does warm up in the middle of the day and afternoon. Even gets up to 80 sometimes. :)

I have been browsing thru some of the posted blogs by Bill B, John & Glen. It is good to be reminded of events from the past and of our growings up in Heavener. Mercy! I have to say you guys are pretty good writers, especially for small town Okies!

My wife Kay & I live on a small acreage in southeast Michigan, just north of Toledo, OH - Toledo is a local call for us. Most of our neighbors have horses and there are two very large riding stables directly across the road from us. I got rid of our horses last year. We had a small black pony I had bought for the grandkids, a registered American Pony and a Standard Bred Mare. My Mare was 25 yrs old so it was time for me to lighten my work load, besides I couldn't ride anymore, I have arthritis in my knees and it is difficult.

I am still designing Power Distribution for Detroit Edison which I have been doing for about 12 years. My wife works for the Bedford School District, she works in Special Ed which I believe takes a very special person to do.

I don't know how I will do as a blogger but I'll kinda take my cues from you guys. I am a political nut of a conservative nature and I love keeping track of the thoroughbreds and watching the big races. Curlin, the reigning "Horse of The Year" is running tomorrow at Belmont Park in New York. ttyl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home