Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Times


John's blog reminded me of when we first moved to Heavener. We lived out on the Waldron Road in a small house. We had a potbelly stove in the livingroom for heat. Dad would keep that thing glowing red hot in the winter. Mercy!
We didn't have a phone and there was no TV at that time. For family entertainment, sometimes Dad would bring home a 50lb. bag of peanuts. Mom would rost the peanuts and we would spend the evening eating peanuts and singing songs.
I remember one Christmas that there didn't seem to be much around the tree and we were all together singing and all of sudden there was a noise outside. Dad went out and started bringing our Christmas presents in. It was a great Christmas, I got my red wagon a Radio Flyer, Mercy!

2 Comments:

At December 22, 2008 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Glen Lazalier said...

I guess we all have had one or two Christmases where the presents were a true surprise. My folks always had a special gift that was not under the tree. I remember one time in particular where I got a bicycle and my sister got a wrist watch. GOOD MEMORIES!

 
At December 22, 2008 at 11:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Christmases spent growing up with your parents are always special to remember, no matter what you get as presents.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home