Saturday, January 10, 2009

THE LIBERTY THEATRE by Ansalee

Several years ago, I had the pleasure of exchanging emails with an alumna of Heavener High School that I had only known from a distance while growing up in Heavener.

Ansalee Pilkington
is a 1960 graduate of good ol' Heavener High.

I learned, during those exchanges with Ansalee, that she had certainly not let any grass grow under her feet since leaving Heavener. She was, and still is, a very active individual.

One of the things I learned, after the first email, was how good a writer she is. It's that attribute that I direct your attention here. Since we are so interested in the past and the memories of our youth, I want to point out one of Ansalee's observations.

Ansalee wrote a very interesting recollection of her memories of the Liberty Theatre. I'm sure you'll find yourself saying something like "I remember that". She mentions details that I had forgotten until seeing them in print.

So, without further delay, click on this link "The Liberty Theatre".


...and as an added bonus, on the same page as Ansalee's writing, you'll find the thoughts of another Heavener alumna, Mary Lou "Oglesby" Birmingham (class of '59). Mary Lou shares her thoughts on being retired and the happiness she enjoys.


6 Comments:

At January 10, 2009 at 11:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's plenty of memories, in fact, chock-full of memories. I remember Ansalee married Ali (whatever his name is). He was a foreign dude and a good football player, too. Wonder whatever happened to him? Thanks for this blog. I could go on looking at stuff by her, but it's 11:30 p.m. right now.

 
At January 11, 2009 at 12:09 AM , Blogger Chuck said...

How about "Mirghanbari"? He was a speedster, all right. I thought Ali was her husband's brother, though.

I noticed on her website that it states "Sorry, no orders can be taken at this time". I hope she's not ill.

 
At January 11, 2009 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Glen Lazalier said...

I think his first name was Masoudi (sp??). Some time I need to do a blog about 180 proof white lightning and Ansalee and some other girls at EOA&M.

We always bought our tomato plants from Ansalee's father, Ples (sp??)from his little greenhouse down by the highway.

 
At January 11, 2009 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Glen Lazalier said...

One small correction to my comment--early on Ples Pilkington had his tomatoes around third street somewhere, I think,

 
At January 11, 2009 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Bill Hinds said...

A great article by Ansalee. It brought back many memories. Mercy! Maybe we can get her to join our blog site?

 
At January 11, 2009 at 3:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great idea, Bill. Chuck, let's try to get Ansalee to join the Heavener group in blogging?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home