Tuesday, April 28, 2009

High-tech

What’s happening these days? Mercy, all this high-tech stuff is getting too technical and way out of hand for me. One day, it’s blogger.com, then a facebook.com request from someone, the next day it’s a twitter.com request, next it’s a myfriend.com. Then there’s Flickr, a method of putting photos into a stockpile. Boy, all these ways to get in touch with someone on the computer ... when will it end? Is there a limit in sight? What happened to just plain ole’ e-mails? That’s high-tech enough for this feeble mind. I thought I would never understand that one. How in the world can a person send another person something by/or through wires? Then someone came out with wireless computers!

Oh, brother. I couldn’t figure out telephones when I first started using them. I mean, how did we call someone on the other end of town, much less, the other end of the state, or another town or state? I was baffled by all of it in the beginning. I had just gotten used to watching things on TV, much less understanding, and trying to grasp how all that worked.

I understand there are telephones with screens on them, so you can actually see the person you’re talking to. Talking to someone on a phone (and I don’t mean a cell) while flying in an airplane is way past me ever figuring that out. Right now, I can at least write my blogs in Word like I have been, save it and move it over to the blog template (which I have bookmarked). And post it. That’s about as technical as I get.

4 Comments:

At April 29, 2009 at 7:28 AM , Blogger colin said...

My mother still uses her old "dial" phone that we had when I was a kid. When I try to use it when I'm at her place by the time I spin 0L-3, I've forgotten what the rest of the number was that I was calling. I still don't have a "cell-phone" but have learned to use a push button model.

 
At April 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. My dad still used his old rotary phone. He never did have a touch-tone phone, and I don't use a cell phone, either. I figure if anyone needs to get in touch with me, they can wait till I get home. And if I need to get in touch with anyone, it will have to be when I get home, too.

 
At May 5, 2009 at 2:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Mercy", You and Bill have the same byword. I think Bill used it first in most all of his blogs and now you have picked up on it also. Imitation is the best form of flattery I've heard (I'm not sure that I'm correct in the translation of the saying). I need mercy trying to use all the high tec stuff. I do well just to get my e-mail!! Keep on Blogging!!

 
At May 5, 2009 at 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't mean to be anonymous.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home