Saturday, January 16, 2010

The ’Boys will prevail

This is mainly for Colin, but Kathy and Glen, or anyone else, for that matter, is welcome to tune in. And anyone that does, please leave a comment. Those of you that blog would like to know who is actually taking the time to read them.

Colin gave his prediction of the Vikings-Cowboys game Sunday to be something like Cowboys 3, Vikings 34. I believe that's what he said. Well, Colin, I said the Cowboys would win, and I think the score will be something like … after a good night’s sleep and thinking of all the possibilities, I see it being something more along the lines of ’Boys 24, Vikes 16. Depends actually on two factors … if Barber is sound and healthy and if RW (Roy Williams) continues to improve like he did last week. Brett Farve is great, no doubt, but he hasn’t seen a pass rush like Ware and Spencer will put on. Adrian is great, no doubt, but hasn’t seen a defense like the Cowboys have. Kathy is correct, in that the Cowboys are on a roll.

Oh, and welcome back to the NFL, Kathy.

3 Comments:

At January 16, 2010 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Kathy Bain Dunn said...

I'm going to go with the Cowboys 24-21 over the Vikings. Favre does scare me - and normally I would pull for him, just not against the Cowboys this year. However, as a woman who is somewhat fickle and would rather shop than watch most NFL football, I reserve the right to change my mind at half-time!!

I need to have a favorite player to give a hang about the game. For the Cowboys, my favorite to watch this year is Felix Jones. He played against my Steve in high school. Those were huge battles between Booker T and Carl Albert, actually still are. Steve and Felix met at football camps, banquets, and recruiting trips. They could set it aside to be friends, except on game night. On the other hand, my son Mike coached against him. Mike had great respect for him as an athlete - but wouldn't call him a friend - because we lost one of those games!

One reader who will not post is my sister Judy! She is still lurking on my account instead of getting her own. But hey, she has learned so many new computer tricks this past year - we don't want to rush things!!

We both enjoy reading and remembering!

 
At January 17, 2010 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Kathy Bain Dunn said...

Right now the Cowboys "roll" is rollling Romo up behind the line of scrimmage - sometimes WAY behind the line of scrimmage. I haven't switched to root for the Vikings yet, but when Favre shows that pure joy in playing the game - it's hard not to root for him.

 
At January 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Kathy Bain Dunn said...

John Edward, with 7:32 left in the 4th quarter - I concede! The Vikings will be my team throughout the playoffs! What's my player connection with the Vikings? Well, it's remote, but AD parked his car in Mike's yard at Norman in lieu of picking up his parking pass at the parking pass office. He seemed like a nice young man what few times I was around him. Quiet type, made you wonder what he was thinking!

Do you think heads will roll in Dallas?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home