Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Waiting on the cable guy...

For those of you who have not been longtime readers of my blog, you probably aren’t aware that I am an aspiring writer of songs.

Notice, I didn’t say writer of good songs. Sometimes, I like to take the words from a particular song and change them around a little bit to suit my feelings.

Yesterday, the cable guy was going to come out, sometime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The following were my thoughts, sung to the tune of "Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay".

Sorry, Otis. It’s a little ditty I like to call…

"Waiting On The Cable Guy"

Waiting without the TV on
I'll be really hacked when the evening comes
Staring at the blank screen
And I yell at it again

Waiting on the cable guy
Watching the hours roll away
I'm just waiting on the cable guy
Wasting time

Got an upset tummy midday
Good thing I had some air spray
Pulled weeds in the flower bed
Got sunburned on my bald head

So I'm just...
Waiting on the cable guy
Wondering what’s on my favorite channel
I'm just waiting on the cable guy
Wasting time

By gosh, something’s gotta change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what Dish people tell me to do
But I sure won’t remain the same

Sittin here missing my HD
And this sadness won't leave me alone
It's been seven hours I waited
Sure hope to see the evening news
Now, I'm just...

Waiting on the cable guy
Watching the hours roll away
I'm just waiting on the cable guy
Wasting time

Thank you, thank you!

I know, that was a special moment the first time you read something so moving, isn’t it?

The cable guy arrived 3ish, so it wasn’t too bad. Surprise! As Gomer used to say, I actually knew him. He got us hooked up in no time, so now in addition to knowing him, I consider him a friend. A good friend.

After being without television for a week, life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home