Monday, May 4, 2009

To blog, or not to blog

Not suddenly, but it’s occurred to me that not nearly enough blogs are being written. The question is, why? We have no less than 25 authors signed up to write, but only a few take the time to write them. I write them, mainly because I enjoy writing, I guess. After all, I was a paid (sports) writer for 30 years or so, so maybe I’m trying to keep my skills honed up, if, in fact, I ever had any skills in the first place. Of the 25 authors, there are some excellent writers and more than plenty of stories/memories to tell.

A few of the authors even have been published. One, Glen Lazalier has written a book of short stories (I can’t recall the name of it now), and another, Bob Collins, has written several chapters for a book, but he doesn’t have them published yet. Bob Babcock has a publishing company, Deeds Publishing. Pat Burroughs, if I remember correctly, has been published at least in magazines, if nothing else. Others have some excellent stories to share – Chuck Hudlow, Bud Thompson, Jim Patterson, Bill Hinds, Colin Kelley, Craig Hall, etc. I’ve seen their writings, and I’ve been impressed.

Several, such as Darla Kay Hughes, Lynne Pitchford, Roger Cagle, Paul Riggins, Nita Norman, Bud Turman, among others, have either written one or two blogs or have shown an interest in writing one.

There aren’t many comments on the ones that are written either. Why, I don’t exactly know. I know the blogs are being read. I have gotten several emails telling me so.

The main question is WHY?

2 Comments:

At May 4, 2009 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Glen Lazalier said...

John,

I don't know why more blogs aren't being written either. Everybody has some stories to tell and a blog is the perfect place to tell them. There is no editor to satisfy--a friendly audience--and plenty of interest on the part of the readers.

We have a common link in our home town of Heavener so readers will be familiar with many of the names and places mentioned in the blogs.

So, come on, all you folks out there. Let's hear from you.

 
At May 4, 2009 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Bill Hinds said...

Hey I know you guys are right and I know I'm just lazy. Mercy!

I'v got one kinda runnin' around in my head, I'll get it out pretty quick.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home