Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

What can I say about my dad that I haven’t already said before? I just wish he were here today, so I could personally wish him a Happy Father’s Day on this special day. Unfortunately my dad, Floyd Inman, passed away six and a half years ago, give or take a few months, only a month and a half before Cynthia and I married. My dad was supposed to be the best man at our wedding. I wish he was here for my own selfish reason -- to see how happy Cynthia and I are. Cynthia misses her dad, too. He passed away long before we got married, but she has told me plenty of “Felix stories” that I know I would have liked him, too. His name was Felix Jack. Cynthia’s son Michael plans to name his little boy Micah Felix when he is born this coming October. Cynthia tried to talk Michael out of using the name Felix as the child’s middle name, but Michel has always wanted to name a son after his grandfather. He thought the world of Felix and Michael has his own selfish reasons for wanting to name him Micah Felix. Micah means “who is good?” and Felix is both Hebrew and Greek. Theologians have been arguing about Hebrews and Greeks for years, and Michael, being the theologian that he is, would be the one of the few to be aware of that little-known fact. So, he figures, who is good, Felix. It’s simple.

My daughter Karen loved her “grandpa Floyd,” too. I know she misses him just as I do.

Anyway, to all the men bloggers and to all their dads, and to all who read this particular blog, Happy Father’s Day. And to the women who may read it, Happy Father’s Day to their dads.

3 Comments:

At June 21, 2009 at 7:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, your dad was one of my favorites, I miss him, too. We spent lots of time in my Dad's shop working on finishing trophy parts together. Always enjoyed my chats with Floyd and the times we played catch, we talked lots of baseball in those good old days in Heavener. Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers who read this - and I miss my dad, too. Bob Babcock

 
At June 21, 2009 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Chuck said...

Thanks for the post, John. You inspired me to write again...to celebrate my Dad. Hope you don't mind my borrowing your title. Happy Father's Day to you.

 
At June 21, 2009 at 6:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good blog, John. The thing I remember about your dad was he always seemed to have a smile on his face and a pleasantness about him. I always enjoyed talking with him.

Concerning your comment about my Dusty Rhodes blog, that was one that just came to me on the spur of the moment. The others I had considered early-on don't seem relevant now. Maybe they will later or maybe I'll come up with another one or two on the spur of the moment. Sometimes those are the best kind. Say hello to John Marvin next time you talk to him. - Jim Patterson

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home