Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cold, but no snow, yet

Just finished reading a blog from Gwen. Who’s Gwen? I don’t know but she lives in Heavener and says she’s a transplant from Kansas. Maybe it was the fact she lives in Heavener that I was reading it. Wonder why she isn’t a Heavener blogger, though? In a way, she is, I guess, just not a member of our group. Oh, well.

Apparently, it’s been snowing a bunch in Heavener. She had some pictures and everything with her blog. We haven’t had any snow here in Tyler, TX, just cold weather, mainly. Man, it has been cold lately and is right now, too. Glen, you said you’ve had a bunch of snow in Tennessee, too. I don’t care for snow too much. I’m not a cold weather person. I remember in 2000 when it snowed so much. I was in Heavener when it started and drove to East Texas that day. Cynthia and I weren’t married yet. She lost electricity for a couple of days and trees between her and Heavener were a mess, for years. I read somewhere that it may take 10 years to clean up all the damage that storm produced. I remember Cynthia saying she slept in the bathroom one night where there’s a gas stove. I went to work in Longview, because the electricity didn’t go off on that side of town.

Now I live in the house where the stove is in the bathroom, but I’m sure glad to report we haven’t had to use it. Yet.

5 Comments:

At January 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Kathy Bain Dunn said...

We have ice in MWC, but we haven't seen the snow yet. The worst part of the day was the daw-gone weathermen on all 3 networks all day long - rattling about nothing because nothing happened until mid afternoon.

School was out today and again tomorrow, but all 12-month folks have to go in to work. I made it fine today, but I have asked my chariot driver to cart me up there tomorrow.

 
At January 29, 2010 at 7:45 AM , Blogger colin said...

We have some ice here in Okmulgee County and the TV says we will get 2-5 inches of snow today. One of the blessings of being retired is I didn't have to leave the house at 5 AM today to make it to Tulsa by seven. I didn't even have to get up, but I did so I could read about other peoples problems with the weather.

 
At January 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Glen Lazalier said...

We have about 3 inches of snow on the ground with a little light freezing rain falling. Looking for another 3 inches or so overnight with possibly a half inch or so of ice. At least the temperature is mild---about 30 deg F. The snow this afternoon was falling at about an inch per hour.

 
At January 30, 2010 at 9:28 AM , Blogger colin said...

Well, we ended up with 6-8 inches of snow around here. The trees were already loaded with ice and now there is snow on top of the ice on the trees and it is a "winter wonderland" all over again. So far I've only seen one tree that is broken down but there could be more. A couple of years ago our REA cleared the trees around the Electricity ROW and we have not lost power this season. Our house is total electric except for gas logs in the fire place. The heat is a heat pump and the bill was huge last month and looks like it will be again for Jan. I shouda bet on that cowboys-vikings came to get some cash to pay the bills.

 
At February 2, 2010 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Jim Patterson said...

All we had was rain, about 24 hours of it. Enough to make our roof leak in our add-on room. Oh well, we'll get that fixed this week before it rains again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home