Monday, May 11, 2009

Magic number at four

Wow, the excitement is building in both of us. To say I am looking forward to Cynthia’s retirement would be an understatement. I’m just looking forward to traveling different places together and seeing different things, different parts of the country. Next year, we plan to go to California and travel up the west coast.

As I’ve mentioned more than once, California is where I used to be stationed (near San Francisco ), so I am familiar with the area. We went to San Diego on our honeymoon, paid for at the time by the LeTouneau University baseball coach. Actually, LeTourneau was in a baseball tournament at Point Loma, so I got to go along, courtesy of my job as SID. It was a wonderful trip. We rented a convertible and enjoyed everything under the sun, literally, even went to Mexico on a quick side trip. Now, we have friends living in San Diego , so it will be a chance to visit them.

I never went any further than a few miles north of Frisco, but we plan to go as far as Portland and Seattle , then maybe across to Idaho and Montana , or south from Idaho into Nevada . I did get to go to Boise , ID once with the Stephen F. Austin football team. SFA played Boise State , you know the team on TV with the blue artificial turf.

That’s the beauty of the trip, we don’t have to go anywhere, only where the highway takes us.

2 Comments:

At May 11, 2009 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Bill Hinds said...

I can hear the countdown John, be sure all of the paper work is done before you start rollin'. :)

 
At May 12, 2009 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Glen Lazalier said...

I wish you and Cynthia well as you begin full retirement. I'm enjoying my part-time retirement very much.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home