Wednesday, May 20, 2009


Running laps was Coach Twid's favorite punishment, and I was awarded many of those. Sometimes even when I wasn't guilty of a crime. At one time he would tape a hard pad on one of my shins, he would always take an exta wrap with the tape so as to get into the area that I hadn't shaved. Ouch! During one game I made a pretty good block and tore it right off. I ran over to the sidelines to have him tape it back on. When he asked me if I had made that block I replied "yer dern tootin". Later one of the ol' grads convinced him I had used the other "d" word, so on Monday after practice I was runnin' laps. :) Again!

3 Comments:

At May 21, 2009 at 8:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you and the Wolves were among the best conditioned teams on the early-in-the-season scheule.

 
At May 21, 2009 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Bill Hinds said...

You are right about that. My senior year we were not mentioned in the writeups and were not expected to do very well. We had the smallest team in the conference. But we suprised everyone. Our first five games we were undefeated and unscored on! But we were not destined for greatness, we didn't win the conference title that year.

 
At May 22, 2009 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Glen Lazalier said...

Coach Twidwell once showed us a movie of his college team playing--only to realize that he was shown being penalized for fighting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home